Thursday, May 16, 2013

Artist Biography 8: Karl Andrews

 
Karl Andrews, Painter:
 
 
As a full-time artist, I am constantly striving to create new artworks that are intense (yet dream-like), bringing together 'impressionist' yet 'realistic' styles of painting. I would like these to tantalise potential buyers with a refreshing mix of styles & elements. In every work I create, I want to display a discipline of hard-earned technique; yet show a freshness of heart & an unrestrained spontaneity.
 

 
As a child I was brought up around my grandfather's studio in Wellington, New Zealand. I used to watch him paint commercial signs for local businesses. For holidays, he would take the family for road trips around the country. We'd watch as he stopped randomly and painted a landscape on the side of the road (as quickly as it took for us to refresh). He would then finish up the painting at home.
 
 
My life has been immersed in the arts since day one. In fact, my teenage rebellion was spent escaping the arts.
It was not until I hit twenty three that I picked up a pencil and started drawing again. I caught the art bug and decided to go to art school.

 
 
Now, seventeen years later, after practicing many styles and techniques of art application, I have found myself painting uplifting sunsets and beautiful, inspiring views of my surroundings. These paintings would (by far) be my most popular artwork to date.
The connection (you could say) which gels all of my work together is the relationship between romanticism, an influence from the impressionists and the way in which my brush hits the canvas. My paintings are meant to be an uplifting experience for the viewer. I like to share that one moment - as an epiphany threw my life upwards at a time when I thought I was in my darkest hour. 
 
 
I have also dabbled in fantasy art and illustration work. Another style I enjoy working with is figurative painting / abstraction. I am very inspired by the works
of Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele.
 
My next exhibition is going to be in Florence (Italy) where I hope to exhibit
examples of my figurative work.”
(Karl Andrews, 2013.)
 
All artwork on this page (c)copyright Karl Andrews 2013.
 
 
To see more of Karl's beautiful paintings...
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I really liked your blog. Whenever I can come to honor your blog. It will be an honor to have them on our blog as a follower.
    THE ART OF NEWTON AVELINO
    http://www.aartedenewtonavelino.com

    Brazilian art and culture


    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your blog. Whenever I can come to honor your blog. It will be an honor to have them on our blog as a follower.
    THE ART OF NEWTON AVELINO
    https://www.artedenewtonavelino.com

    ReplyDelete